Timothy Wm. Smith, DPhil, MD, FACC, FHRS
Professor of Medicine
- Phone: 314-362-1291
- Fax: 314-454-8250
- BS, Biology: Duke University (1986)
- D.Phil., Physiology: University of Oxford (1989)
- MD: Duke University School of Medicine (1993)
- Intership and Residency, Medicine: Beth Israel Hospital/Harvard Medical School (1994)
- Fellowship, Cardiology: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School (1998)
- Fellowship, Electrophysiology: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School (2001)
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Best Doctors in America, 2007-2014
- Eugene Stead Scholarship, Duke University School of Medicine, 1991
- American Heart Association Medical Student Research Fellowship, 1991
- Overseas Research Scholarship, University of Oxford, 1988
Cardiac Electrophysiology, interpretation of ECGs, bradyarrhythmias, including pacemaker implantation and management, supraventricular tachyarrhythmias, evaluation and management, including catheter procedures for diagnosis (electrophysiology study) and therapy (ablation).
Ventricular tachyarrhythmias and sudden cardiac death, including risk stratification and pharmacologic therapy. Implantable Defibrillator (ICD) implantation and management. Catheter procedures for diagnosis (electrophysiology study) and therapy (ablation). Atrial fibrillation, evaluation and management, including both pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic therapy. Implantation and management of cardiac resynchronization pacemakers/defibrillators
Cardiac cellular and tissue electrophysiology and mechanism of arrhythmias. Treatment of arrhythmias, including pharmacologic therapy, ablation therapy, and implantable device therapy.
Device implantation techniques. Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death.