Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
The Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Barnes-Jewish hospital has a long history of delivering high quality care to critically ill cardiac patients. Employing the latest technology with compassionate concern, we care for the largest number of cardiac patients in the region and deliver excellent patient outcomes.
The Cardiac Intensive Care Unit has become a referral center for the most complex cases from around the Midwest. Barnes-Jewish Hospital was one of only 17 hospitals nationally, and the only hospital in Missouri, with heart attack survival rates that exceed the national average.
- Physician staff trained in intensive care unit medicine
- Dedicated ICU nurse practitioners, nurses, respiratory, physical and occupational therapists, pharmacists, dietitians, social work, and pastoral care personnel provide a full continuum of care
- Nationally recognized expertise in interventional cardiology
- Nationally recognized expertise in electrophysiology
- Nationally recognized expertise in adult congenital heart disease
- Immediate access to a team of heart failure specialists and cardiac surgeons
- The region’s most in depth experience with cardiac assist devices
- Expertise with temporary circulatory assist
- The region’s only heart transplantation center
Make an appointment
Referring Physicians: 800-252-DOCS (3627)