Frank Seghatol, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
- Phone: 314-362-1291
- Bachelor Medical Sciences: Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium (1981)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD): Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium (1985)
- Diplôme de Pathologie Cardiovasculaire: Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France (1989)
- Diplôme Universitaire d’Echocardiographie: Université René Descartes, Paris, France (1991)
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Student nomination, UAB President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2015
- Best Intern of the month, Interfaith Brooklyn Jewish Hospital, 1997
- Distinction, Doctor of Medicine, Université Libre de Bruxelles, 1985
- Distinction, Bachelor of Medical Sciences, Université Libre de Bruxelles, 1981
General cardiology conditions including valve disease, CAD, and CHF for initial evaluation and guiding therapy.
Evaluation of left ventricular systolic and diastolic function in patients with chronic congestive heart failure using novel echocardiographic modalities such as 3-D Echo, strain and strain rate. Application of these techniques in subclinical left ventricular dysfunction in patients with valve disease, and in patients with diabetes mellitus, chronic kidney disease and cardio-oncology.
Echocardiographic evaluation of valvular disease in the era of percutaneous valve repair and replacement; selection of patients for percutaneous procedures and their follow-up.
Heart and kidney interaction in patients with congestive heart failure.
Evaluation of functional mitral regurgitation in patients with ischemic and non-ischemic heart disease and its relation to outcome.
Echocardiographic evaluation of cardiac plasticity. Relationship between beta receptor density and tissue Doppler and strain imaging.
View publications on PubMed.gov