Ali Javaheri, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Phone: 314-362-1291
- Fax: 314-362-4278
- BS Biological Chemistry: University of Chicago (2000)
- PhD, Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology: University of Chicago (2006)
- MD, Pritzker School of Medicine: University of Chicago (2008)
- Internal Medicine
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant
- Northwestern Cardiovascular Young Investigator Award, 1st prize, 2016
- Jay Cohn Basic Science Young Investigator Award, 2016
- Regional ACC Young Investigator Award, Finalist, 2013
Heart failure survival, doxorubicin cardiotoxicity, cardiac allograft vasculopathy.
We are primarily focused on the role of lipids in myocardial health and disease. In particular, we focus on mitigating the myocardial stress and inflammatory responses by modulating lipid metabolism.